<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.halalhomecooking.com

Sorry for the inconvenienceā€¦

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

9.30.2013

Dreamlike Shortbread Biscuits

As-Salamu Alaikum sisters, greetings dear reader,
The recipe I followed for this delicious dreamlike shortbread was taken from Lorraine Pascales baking made 'easy' series and let me tell you it is just that, easy.

3 standard ingredients of shortbread are butter, sugar and flour however, the addition of rice flour I feel gives shortbread a better sandy texture. If you haven't got rice flour to hand then i've read fine semolina can be used instead.

Some recipes out there call for corn flour although I'm not sure if this can be used as a direct rice flour substitute it does seem more plausible to me than fine semolina, as corn flour and rice flour have a more similar texture. 
You can't go wrong with Lorraines simple instructions for making and decorating,  get a fork and your pinchy fingers ready! Rich, crumbly and melt in your mouth goodness, Lorraine gives suggestions on how to give your shortbread a little flavour oomph with citrus zest or stem ginger! For full recipe click here
P.S. I forgot to sprinkle caster sugar over the shortbread once it had baked, but don't worry if you make that mistake / choice it is definitely sweet enough without it
P.P.S. Oh i almost forgot shortbread goes well with a nice cup of tea / coffee and don't mind any crumbs etc on the floor (yes that is my carpet lol) I had an excuse for not vacuuming that morning day... you guessed it I'd been baking shortbread......!
 Now I'm thinking of making..... millionaires shortbread, inshaAllah

Labels: , , , ,

15 Comments:

At 30 September 2013 at 10:20 , Blogger Aiza said...

MashAllah so good to see your posts. And as I said on instagram. This looks amazing :)

 
At 30 September 2013 at 13:34 , Blogger Just 1 of 7 Billion said...

Looks lovely! I think we have semolina flour so might try it with that in'shaa'Allah

 
At 30 September 2013 at 21:05 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

These look so delicious and buttery mashAllah! I love that they're not just a bunch of crumbs (that always happens to me when I make shortbread! Lol!)

 
At 1 October 2013 at 06:42 , Blogger Unknown said...

Shukran habibiti

 
At 1 October 2013 at 06:44 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you sister and I do hope your shortbread goes well with the use of semolina flour inshaAllah.

 
At 1 October 2013 at 06:51 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you and Yes they were buttery and very crummy when they were still warm you guessed it I couldnt resist 1 from the oven. Once they cooled they firmed up a wee bit.
you should try the recipe I linked to inshaAllah

 
At 1 October 2013 at 14:40 , Blogger Noor said...

Oh mashAllah this looks so good. I will get some rice flour and make some inshAllah.

 
At 1 October 2013 at 15:23 , Blogger Unknown said...

InshaAllah sister I hope you like it as much as I do.

 
At 7 October 2013 at 20:28 , Blogger Just 1 of 7 Billion said...

It gave it some texture but it was still nice.

 
At 8 October 2013 at 08:55 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for the feedback sister

 
At 8 October 2013 at 09:02 , Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry if the substitute I suggested for rice flour didn't give you the desired results if you ever make it again and you haven't any rice flour try using just all purpose white flour.

 
At 10 October 2013 at 20:28 , Blogger Just 1 of 7 Billion said...

No, I actually liked it! If I make it again might try it with the AP flour in'shaa'Allah. I think I might need to invest in a scale so I can follow British/UK recipes (and also those macarons recipes!) more accurately as well

 
At 10 October 2013 at 20:59 , Blogger Unknown said...

Alhamdulillah im happy you enjoyed the shortbread sister and yes it is worth buying weighing scales as you get better results in baking by measuring weight rather than volume plus you can use them when cooking for portion sizing dry pasta, rice etc.

 
At 20 October 2013 at 18:59 , Blogger cookbakeandenjoy said...

These look really good!! I'm a big fan of shortbread but never tried one myself inshAllah I will try this recipe soon!!

 
At 21 October 2013 at 14:51 , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you! InshaAllah sister do come back and let me know what you thought of the recipe. <3

 

Post a Comment

I like to hear from my readers, sincere advice is welcome so feel free to leave me a comment.

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home